Flax seed oil is a fantastic natural remedy. Easy to use and full of good stuff it is the perfect additive for your pet’s diet. Flaxseed is the seed from the plant Linum usitatissimum. Oil from the seed is used to make medicine.
Flaxseed Oil Benefits:
1. Flaxseed oil can be used to improve skin and coat conditions as it reduces itching and dry skin
2. It is full of essential fatty acids which make coat smooth and shiny
3. It regulates blood pressure, kidney function and artery function
4. It can improve cellular health
5. It has anti-inflammatory properties which can reduce pain and increase mobility in arthritic dogs
6. It has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties which will also help boost the immune system
7. Some studies suggest using flaxseed oil daily will decrease your pets risk of developing cancer
8. Flaxseed oil is also great for relieving constipation.
Flaxseed oil is easy to use. Just add ¼ -1 tsp (depending on dogs weight and vet recommendation) daily to food. Flaxseed oil has a lovely nutty flavor which increases palatability of your pet’s food. So if your pet is fussy, this can encourage them to eat.
You will start to see improvements in skin, coat, kidney conditions and other problems in as little as four weeks. If no problem exists, you are reducing the likelihood of many illnesses and increasing your dog’s general health, for a long, happy life.
We recommend you use the oil as whole flax seeds are full of fiber that dogs are not efficient at processing so they are more likely to pass through undigested. Flaxseed oil promotes healthy digestion so your pet’s stools may be loose at first. Like any new food, introduce flaxseed oil slowly to your pet’s diet to avoid upsetting the tummy.